Arena International is pleased to announce our New Build South-East Europe conference, which will be held in Istanbul, Turkey on 30 and 31 October.
The event, which is being held for the second time, will discuss the latest strategies, technologies and developments being put in place in the south-east European region, with a special emphasis on Turkey.
With increasing demand for power and evolving power generation mix, companies are seeking new technologies to meet stringent emissions laws and targets. Currently, the most efficient way to combat these targets appears to be with new build developments, especially in the south-east Europe region.
Key topics discussed at New Build South-East Europe
Presentation topics will include:
- Outlining the impact of EU policy changes, wholesale market and regulatory framework on the development of the power industry in south-east Europe
- Evaluating the progress made in liberalising the south-east Europe energy market to promote investment
- Assessing the power market and price situation for the industry in CEE and SEE in the recession
- Analysing key regulatory, technical and commercial issues associated with connection and integration in the energy grid to overcome obstacles posed by local planning schemes and rules
- Analysing investment issues to encourage and promote financing for new build projects
- Overcoming the ongoing investment hurdles that arise during construction and pre-construction phases
- Western Europe case study: A strategic look at how to increase the appeal of your project for potential investors
- A leading utility's perspective on new build and current market developments
New Build South-East Europe will provide a well-balanced mix of strategic and technical insights to help European utilities discover where the power market is heading and delve into the latest technological and regulatory developments.
Speakers include top industry professionals
Attend the conference to have the chance to hear from:
- Alper Ercan - deputy managing director - Gama Power Systemes Engineering and Contracting
- Andi Aranitasi - senior banker - EBRD
- Caner Ozdemir - member, Energy Commission of Chamber of Mechanical Engineers
- Dr Zoltan Nagy - energy manager- Eastern Europe and Middle East, Linde Gas
- Dr Sirri Uyanik - general manager, ISKEN
- Dr Wolfgang Moll - head of project development - RWE Technology GmbH
- Fatih Kolmek - energy expert, EMRA
- Franz Bauer - director, VGB
- Harun Bilirgen PhD - principal research scientist, Lehigh University, Energy Research Center
- Korkut Oztürkmen - general manager, OMV
- Kuday Kaleli - project manager, OZALTIN
- Oguz Turkyilmaz - chairman, Energy Commission Of Chamber Of Mechanical Engineers
- Patrick Clerens - director, EPPSA
- Peter Szenasy - investment director - CEZ
- Peter Agh - head of grid access and development, CEZ
- Pjotr Schade - managing director, Everest Energy Group
- Taner Kaynar - managing director - Gama Power Systems
- Yesim Akcollu - banker, World Bank
Don't miss out on what will be a fantastic event. Places are limited so be sure to book early to avoid disappointment.